P2P Update – 13th Feb 2021

Pier to Perignon Update 13th February 2021

We have decided to once again adopt a wait and see approach whilst considering other options.

How quickly the situation changes and forces us to reconsider how we need to move forward. Due to the latest Victorian Government lockdown, the Pier to Perignon committee is in the process of working through the various options available to it in order to give the swim the best chance to be held.The following options are being considered and will be assessed, once the results of the current lockdown are known and a decision is made by the Victorian Government on the next steps.

  1. Hold the swim as planned
    • Conduct it in a single wave
    • Conduct it in two waves.
  2. Postpone the event for 2 weeks making the new date the 7th March. This date has been chosen as this is the next date where the currents will allow the event to be held.
    • Conduct it in a single wave
    • Conduct it in two waves.
  3. Cancel the event 

Your passionate support for this event has been the main reason for us not making a hasty decision but allowing as much time as we can to make the final call.

It is now in the hands of the Victorian Government, in consultation with the Chief Health Officer to determine what options we will have open to us.
We thank you all for your patience and assure you that we will continue to assess the situation and examine all options available to us to deliver a water-based event in a COVID19 safe environment.

We hope this update gives you some comfort as to the steps that we are taking and allows you to also consider the possibility of the date of the event potentially being changed.

We wish you all the best over the next few days. Please stay safe.


Portsea Camp Accomodation – A wonderful offer from the group who provide us their amazing facilities to stage the finish festivities for the event.

We have been able to discuss accommodation options with the Portsea Camp for Saturday 20th February as follows:

  • Room only which can accommodate 4 people at $105.00 for the night
  • If the event is moved from the 21st February the $105.00 is fully refundable.

We are also working with Portsea Camp with respect to rooms being available on the 6th March but this will not be known until late next week. There are limited rooms available for the 20th.

Register here now for P2P camp rooms.

For more information on this wonderful organisation, the work that they do for the community and the facilities that they have available for hire please visit: https://theportseacamp.com.au/