The Portsea S.L.S.C Nippers is a beach education program that introduces children aged 6 to 13 years to lifesaving and is one of the Clubs cornerstone Education programs.
The Nippers program is about children participating in safe, fun and organised activities in a beach environment; preparing them to be future lifesavers and caters for all manner of experience and skill levels of participants. The emphasis is focused on fun and education, regardless of development stages to ensure experiences are positive and affirmative. It is important to recognise that young people have varying learning abilities that need to be catered for throughout all programs.
Activities have been designed to progressively develop the essential skills of Nippers as they move through each age group. The lessons are presented in an easy to follow manner to ensure they can be delivered by all Age Managers regardless of experience.
The 2021-22 Portsea SLSC United Energy Nippers program (and waiting list) is fully subscribed and we are no longer accepting applications.
OF NIPPERS PROGRAM
Click the READ MORE button for detailed information on the 2021-2022 Nippers Program, including Accreditation Swim information & times, uniforms, communication processes and everything else you need to know.
The dates for the Nipper program are as follows:
- 27 December 2021 – Session 1 – Accreditation Swim – Quarantine Station and collection of Nipper Packs
- 29 December 2021 – Session 2
- 31 December 2021 – Session 3
- 2 January 2022 – Session 4
- 4 January 2022 – Session 5
- 6 January 2022 – Session 6
- 7 January 2022 – Session 7 – Nipper Competition Day
- Under 13 Bootcamp (Date TBC)
SESSION START TIMES
Given the need to stagger start/finish times to avoid overcrowding on the beach exits, the following start times will be implemented:
- 9:15am start – Under 7 (Quarantine) and Under 10 (Back Beach)
- 9:30am start – Under 8 (Quarantine) and Under 11 (Back Beach)
- 9:45am start – Under 9 (Quarantine) and Under 12 (Back Beach)
- 10:00am start – Under 13 (Back Beach)
(all sessions run for 2 hours except for Under 7s whose program runs for 90 minutes)
Please arrive at the beach dressed ready to go and observe all entry/exit signage. Upon arrival at the relevant beach, please sign-in and immediately progress to your designated age group area.