Pier to Perignon will be held on Sunday 21st February 2021
Congratulations on registering for the 2021 Pier to Perignon!
Now that you have registered, if you want to create or join a Group for the purpose of being allocated in the same wave, just follow the instructions below. Please note: You can only be in ONE group.
CREATING A GROUP:
- First you might need to create a Group if one doesn’t already exist. If you know someone who has already created a Group, skip to Joining a Group section below. If you want to create a Group, start with the link by clicking here.
- Once on this page, enter your Group Name and click on Check if available.
- Put your details in on the next screen and click Continue once done
- That’s it! Your team is now created.
- Public – Anybody can join this Group
- The Group members pay for their own registration fees
JOINING A GROUP:
- Before being able to join a Group, you’ll need to know the Name of the Group. Once you have that you can continue through the instructions below.
- To access your existing P2P registration/s click here.
- We suggest that you use the Login with Email or Login in Mobile buttons. Simply enter the email address or mobile number that you registered with and the system will then send you a 5 digit code via email or SMS.
- Once you have input the code then you will be brought to your Participant Summary page and you will see a section labelled Group Details with a Green Button (+ Join Group). Just click on that and search for the Group you want to join
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Register Now via email at email@example.com
Registrations open at 9.00am 16th December 2021
Finally, we can open the registration to this wonderful event. Thank you for your patience and we wish you all luck in getting a spot in next year’s event.
The following are the dates and times for registration to the event:
- 16thDecember at 9.00am – Registrations for participants who have completed 9 or more previous P2P events will open.
- 18thDecember at 9.00am – Registrations for participants who have completed 4 – 8 previous P2P events will open.
- 20thDecember at 9.00am – Registrations for participants who have completed 1 – 3 previous P2P events will open.
- 21stDecember at 9.00am – Registrations will open for the General Public
Those that have swum the event in the past five years and meet the above criteria should have received an email with a link.
Please follow the email link or the P2P registration button below to enter the registration portal. The portal will only allow people that meet the required criteria to enter on the above dates.
Once you have registered please ensure that you visit the PSLSC – Pier to Perignon page to keep up to date with event information.
Please also ensure when entering your details in the registration portal that all the details are correct as these will be used to give you details that you will need on the day of the race to enter.
2021 Pier to Perignon Update at 10th December.
Thank you all for your patience – we know it’s been a long wait, and we know many of you are keen to lock in your open water swim calendar. The good news is that based on current COVID-19 restrictions, we are full steam ahead with the 2021 Pier to Perignon.
As we are sure you will understand, there will be a few changes to the ‘normal’ format of the Pier to Perignon which will allow us to operate within the current COVID-19 DHHS requirements. To ensure fairness, in the advent that this needs to be further altered, all registrations will be filed in order of when you register.
The first of these changes will be that rather than a single wave, we will be running as two waves (separate swims) on the same day, approximately two hours apart. This will allow us to meet the current COVID-19 requirements. Both waves will have the benefit of the outgoing tide.
If you are keen to swim as part of a group in the same wave, our new registration platform will allow you to create a group, either at the time of entry or after you/your group have registered up until the end of December.
Swimmers/groups will be allocated to waves on a random basis. We will advise which wave you have been allocated during January.
We are also introducing a priority registration system. This will mean that registration will open on different dates based on the number of swims you have completed.
- 16th December at 9.00am – Registrations for participants who have completed 9 or more previous P2P events will open.
- 18th December at 9.00am – Registrations for participants who have completed 4 – 8 previous P2P events will open.
- 20th December at 9.00am – Registrations for participants who have completed 1 – 3 previous P2P events will open.
- 21st December at 9.00am – Registrations will open for the General Public
What you need to do next:
- Previous entrants will be sent an email that will have:
- Your Name
- Date of birth
- Number of swims
- Link to site
- If you do not receive this email by 5.30pm on the 14th of December and believe you should have, please email the P2P team at P2Pinfo@portseasurf.com.au and make sure to include, name, date of birth and number of swims. You will not receive an email if you have not swum the P2P previously. We will take all possible care in determining how many swims each swimmer has completed.
- If you believe the number of swims stated is not correct, please email the P2P team at P2Pinfo@portseasurf.com.au , citing your name, date of birth and the years you have completed the event and if necessary, any other relevant details. If a change is requested then once the race committees’ decision is made on the number of swims completed, this decision will be final.
- Ensure you check the details to make sure they are correct, as these details are used by the registration system to data match you and allows you to continue through the registration process.
- You cannot share the link with another person, as the system will not allow two people with the same details to enter.
- Do not try to register prior to the date stated, which is determined by the years you have swum. The site will reject your attempt and may block you from entering at the correct time.
We have been working hard to develop new systems, procedures and strategies to enable us to bring this great event to you in 2021. We are sure you can all appreciate that being able to get us to this point has been a major undertaking. As you are aware this event is run by the Portsea Surf Lifesaving Club and all the people involved volunteer their time to deliver this event for you. Please join us in thanking them, for their time and perseverance, which has meant that we are now in the position to proceed.
The event will see several changes including registrations, gear collection, wave format and how people will be managed on the day. Please be assured that these changes have been carefully considered and will, we believe, deliver a more professional, safer, and enjoyable experience for you. Please read the requirements for the swims understand the changes, check the site for updates and follow the stated rules.
Thank you again for your patience in waiting for us to announce the date for the opening of registrations for the Pier to Perignon 2021. We look forward to seeing you all next year. GET TRAINING.
The Pier to Perignon provides the Portsea Surf Life Saving Club funding, which contributes to the provision of vital lifesaving equipment as well as to the running costs of the Club. We thank you for your patience and hope that you will be able to support us in whatever format this great event will take in 2021.
Sam Paynter, Race Director & Craig Evans, Deputy Director
We are excited to welcome back our title sponsor Kay & Burton, who continue to provide the support that is pivotal in enabling the club to deliver the event at the highest level.
This year, we welcome Crestone Wealth Management, a leading wealth advice and portfolio management services provider and Light on Landscape, the provider you need for all your outdoor lighting needs as Gold sponsors. We thank these companies and the many other partners we have for their continued support of the event – support that is pivotal in allowing us to deliver this great event.