To be selected on Silver Camp all applicants must hold their Bronze Medallion Award.
Additionally, be successfully selected on Portsea’s Silver Camp, candidates must have exhibited prior club involvement and dedication to pursing lifesaving excellence.
SILVER PROGRAM OUTLINE
A combination of theoretical work and practical skills will be taught on Silver Camp.
Some of the core aspects that will be emphasised on Silver Camp include:
- IRB Crewing Techniques
- Advanced resuscitation skills
- First Aid
- Spinal management procedures (refreshing bronze knowledge)
- Extended emergency care
- Advanced defibrillation and oxygen treatment
- Complex scenario management
AWARDS TO ATTAIN ON SILVER CAMP
- IRB Crew
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- First Aid
APPLYING TO SILVER CAMP AS AN INSTRUCTOR
To apply and be successfully appointed as an instructor on Silver Camp, you must:
- Hold at least one of either IRB crew, advanced resuscitation techniques and/or first aid.
- Hold a Training Officers Certificate (TOC).
Please note, instructors are able assist in teaching the awards that they hold as well as gain the awards that they do not hold.