The Portsea Golden Ticket system is a system to reward members that have shown commitment to the Club with priority entry onto our programs.
This system is no longer “points” based. There is a base level of requirements to meet, but on top of this we also look at the attitude and behaviour of candidates. Volunteer hours are still recorded and used in the allocation process.
Simply turning up to get hours but not helping out or being disrespectful will not cut it!
The following classify as volunteer hours:
- Nippers Instructing / Water Safety
- SRC Instructing / Water Safety
- Helping at fundraiser events
- Portsea Swim Classic
- Pier to Perignon
- Door Knock
- Water safety at competition carnivals
What do I need a Golden Ticket for?
Priority entry to Bronze and Silver camp require a Golden Ticket.
Priority entry to other programs:
- Nippers and SRC – must have participated in the program, or had a sibling in the program, in the previous season
- Cadets – must have participated in SRC the year before
- Part-time Bronze – no priority entry
Base requirements for a Golden Ticket
- Must attend at least 50% of rostered patrols
- Must help at at least one fundraiser event
Please note that these base requirements were already an expectation of being an active member. As they are being newly published this year, if you have not met the base requirements this year you may write a letter to the Club Captain outlining:
- Why the requirements weren’t met
- How this camp will benefit your lifesaving journey
How do I record hours?
At all events and camps there will be a member allocated sign in and out. All candidates must sign in and out each day to have their hours recorded. For patrols, this is done via the patrol sign in book.
How do I ensure I get a Golden Ticket?
We understand that some people are super keen to be a part of our programs and like to be able to “confirm” they get on. If you attend the majority of your patrols, help at some of our events, and you bring a good attitude, you will have absolutely no problem achieving a Golden Ticket.
What kind of attitudes are we looking for?
We are looking for kind, helpful people who actively participate. Displaying leadership qualities is also a plus.