- In previous years the club used to send my password to me in the subscription notice email. Why has this changed?The practice of sending passwords via email is not a safe way of handling your private information and the Club has decided to stop it to reduce the risk of your private information being compromised. Members must now use the password reset function to retrieve passwords. We encourage members to change the system-generated username and password to something that is easier to deal with.
- I don’t know my password. How can I reset it?Go to the member’s login page, click on “Username and Password” at the top of the screen and enter your email address and username where indicated. The login page is here: http://members.portseasurf.com.au/
- My user ID and password are too hard to remember. Can I change them to something more sensible?Once you have logged in, you can change your user ID and password by clicking on “Profile”, scrolling down to the “Username” and “Password” fields and entering the new values you want to use.
- What is my username?Your username is provided in your subscription notice email. If you re not able to find it, you can retrieve your username by going to the member’s login page, clicking on “Username and Password” at the top of the screen and entering your email address where indicated. The login page is here: http://members.portseasurf.com.au/. We encourage members to change the system-generated username and password to something that is easier to deal with.
- I have entered my username and password but the website tells me they are invalid. What should I do?Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive and it can be very difficult to differentiate between certain characters such as l, 1, I and 0 and O. The easiest way around this is to copy your username and password from the email you received and paste it into the password field. Be careful not to copy and paste in extra spaces before or after your username or password. Alternatively, you can copy your username and password into an editable document and change to a serif font like Courier New. After logging in, we recommend you change your username and password to something that is easy for you to deal with.
- My email address has changed. How can I update my email address?When you have logged on to the member home page you can change your email address by selecting “Profile”, scrolling down to the email field and entering your updated email address.
- I didn’t receive a subscription notice.Please check your spam or junk folder and see if the subscription notice is in there. Also check the email accounts of other members within your family. Your subscription notice was sent to the person you nominated as the Primary member of your family membership. If you were not a financial member last season, your membership has lapsed and we have not auto-generated a subscription notice for you. If you wish to re-join the club, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- My subscription notice went to the Nipper in my family. How can I change it so the notice goes to the person who pays the bills?Your subscription notice is sent to the person who you set up as the Primary member of your family membership when you joined the club. If you wish to change the Primary member to a different person, please contact us at email@example.com and request this change.
- Oops! I accidentally deleted my subscription notice.Try to retrieve it from your trash or deleted items folder. If that is not possible, you can still log in to the website and pay your invoice as long as you have your email and password details, which you can retrieve from the member login page: http://members.portseasurf.com.au/
- I received more than one subscription notice. Which one should I pay?If you received more than one subscription notice, e.g. for more than one family member under a family membership, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - If you log in and see more than one invoice in your inbox, that is an indication that there are subscriptions still outstanding from previous years. Please pay the oldest subscription first.
- I received a subscription notice for an “Senior Individual – Associate” membership but I am an Active patrolling member.Active members are required to patrol a minimum of 16 hours in a season to be offered an Active member subscription in the following season. If you patrolled fewer than 16 hours last season, you will have received a subscription notice for Associate membership. If you think there has been an error with this, please let us know at email@example.com
- How do I change my subscription type?An example of this would be where a member wishes to change from a family membership to an individual membership, or vice versa. If you wish to change the subscription type for yourself or a member of your family, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I add family members to my membership?Please contact us at email@example.com and request additional family members to be added.
- One of the members of my family has moved out and therefore needs an individual membership. How do I change this?Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request this change.
- I have logged in but I cannot see my invoice. What should I do?The invoice for your subscription is sent only to the Primary member of your family membership. If you log in with the username and password for any non-primary member of your family membership, you will not be able to see your invoice. Please log in using the username and password for the member to whom the subscription notice was sent.
- I have logged in and I can see multiple invoices. What should I do?If you see more than one invoice in your inbox, that indicates that there are subscriptions still outstanding from previous seasons. Please pay the oldest subscription first. If you wish to discuss previous seasons’ subscription with the club, please contact us at email@example.com
- Why does the website not respond when I submit my payment?If the web page appears to hang, it is probably because you are using an Apple device with Safari as your web browser. Unfortunately our website is not compatible with Safari so we recommend Chrome, which can be downloaded for all devices here: https://www.google.com/chrome/. Occasionally we have had reports of members also having problems with Microsoft Explorer. The remedy here is the same: install Chrome.
- How can I tell if my payment has gone through?If your payment was successful, you should see an acknowledgement screen and you will receive a receipt via email. You will also see a transaction on the statement from your selected payment option (credit card, PayPal, etc.).
- I have tried everything and for the life of me I can’t get this infernal subscription paid. Will you help me?- Of course. If you are using Chrome as your internet browser and all else fails, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist.